I am so excited! In the next month or so I will be offering fine art photography! In fact, I am calling it Enchanted Fairytale Photography! My last blog touched on the subject and I am now ready to take the first steps towards offering this unique offer!
*Make sure you read the whole article... there might be a surprise... hehehe
What is fine art photography? It's WOW! Fine art photography is photography created in accordance with the vision of the artist as photographer. This enables me to offer you my creative abilities and my photographic abilities combined in a project created just for you! My fine art photography is for the discerning family who want to take family memories one step further; for the parent or grandparent who want a photo of their child that no one else has. This will be a planned process, a collaborative effort between myself and you the client.
Let's talk about the process I am planning.
1. You are excited and pick up the phone and share with me the great idea you have, or you call me and say "Hey Liz, this sounds great... give me some ideas! Maybe you have an old photo of a family member that you want to recreate? Let's do it!
2. I start envisioning my perception of your idea. I sketch out some ideas and share them with you.
3. We try to duplicate the idea in a real life photo session. Want water? No problem... even here in the desert! Want a night time photo? No problem, I add night time later!
4. We determine if there are special clothes we need to achieve the idea. Maybe you have it, maybe I have it, if we can't buy it we can rent it! Elaborate dresses can be rented! I have a collection of props that can be used! Maybe you have the props. Price of package can fluctuate here.
5. We set the session date and have fun! With smaller kiddos we play pretend, or encourage (ahem, bribe) them to reach or look in a specific direction or pick up and object. I try to plan this out ahead of time so we don't stress your child out. This session is not limited to children, but we do have to take special care with them! We can even do a whole family in one fine art photo!
6. After the photo session I work my magic! When I'm done we go over the details of the photo. A limited number of edits will be included in the price. Anything over that will increase the price of the project.
7. We discuss "the" photo... the one that will hang in your home or office. Yes, a framed printed photo is part of this collaboration! This is also where price fluctuates, depending on your style and print choices. You will not get a digital file and you do not have print rights. Any prints must be ordered through me unless you buy the print rights for an outrageous price! I know this sounds harsh, but like I said, this is a one of a kind photo creation made especially for you!
For those of you who want fine art but not too keen on the price of a one of a kind, or you want it for a holiday or special occasion and printed on metal? I will have certain styles that will not be one of a kind...more of an idea that is molded to fit your subject.
Below are some examples of before and afters!
I've got bugs to work out and preparations to make, so hang in there for the announcement! Until I get the bugs worked out and preparations done I will be offering one of these sessions with print rights, but without the print for free to the first 5 families who contact me! Only one per family though.. sorry!